When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your klunker pics here!

-
Updated this ‘ode to klunkers’ Breezer Ignaz X a bit.. now I’m really diggin it.

Bone stock:

Last edited:
1645656862584.png

Not sure what year, but research says late 50's JC Higgins (acquired as just a gouged black frame+headbadge). First & only build I have ever done from the ground up. It was harder than I ever expected and still not quite where I want it to be.

Outstanding Build
how do you like the Mafacs ?
The Mafacs provide excellent slowing power and little stopping power. Trying to figure out how to increase power. Better/longer brake levers, new cables, new housing, treat/roughen rim surface maybe ... but all in all the Mafacs are simple and reliable, easy to adjust. Alan Bonds gets all the credit for this build.

Reactions: Che
The Mafacs provide excellent slowing power and little stopping power. Trying to figure out how to increase power. Better/longer brake levers, new cables, new housing, treat/roughen rim surface maybe ... but all in all the Mafacs are simple and reliable, easy to adjust. Alan Bonds gets all the credit for this build.
Hi
Thank you for your reply
"Excellent slowing and little stopping power"
Well i'm going to try them out and only due to your bike blowing me away and Alan Bond made it work back then as i have a mint set of Mafacs the original aluminum not the ACS merger steel type with extra long diacompe levers which might have been correct for that time period with the modern koolstop thin line canti pads as i have a wider rim kool stop does make a pad that is a original fit which i also have as well. Trial & error
well see what happens. I have excellent braking power now with V braking and canti but these builds are never finished
Thank you
Che

Back