When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your rattle can paint job

-
ok, so which of my bikes wasn't rattle can?

while I did have it custom mixed, the tank on this was painted with spray cans.

P1191572sm_zpsb2ef3666-1.jpg

this was all rattle cans, even the pin stripes!

IMG_0263_zpsd76469c3-1.jpg

this one was Duplicolor, just happened to be an exact match for the original color.

P1010076_zps5c76670f-1.jpg

this one was Walmart $0.96 per can blue and cream

P1000686-1.jpg

rattle cans all the way!

IMG_0625-1.jpg

one of my first rattle can jobs.

1965SchwinnTyphoon_zpsc6e3b063-1.jpg

there were more if you want photos I'll look for them.

paint is paint it doesnt care what it comes outa,prep and finish are important and most aerosoles today hae sumscreen,thats why inside only pait is less expensive,believe it or not your terminology will help you do a better job,i personally like aerosol and plastic filler vs rattle can and bondo,rattle can somehow says your work is 2ng class,go to a body shop and you might be suprized how many aerosole cans are there,weld through primer for example

Paint is paint?

paint is paint it doesnt care what it comes outa,prep and finish are important and most aerosoles today hae sumscreen,thats why inside only pait is less expensive,believe it or not your terminology will help you do a better job,i personally like aerosol and plastic filler vs rattle can and bondo,rattle can somehow says your work is 2ng class,go to a body shop and you might be suprized how many aerosole cans are there,weld through primer for example

I have seen rattle can jobs with TONS of prep- they look great!@

Take your fingernail and pop it off- even with prep-

In my experience, the very expensive auto paints have superior adhesion and plasticity, so if you value your time why not go the extra buck and have something that lasts.

You guys do great work

And nice results with rattle cans I must say. My problem is I tend to get in a hurry. That useally ends of in a poorly painted bike.

Back