When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Schwinn double bar roadsters

-
IMG_1253.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG
The tall frame has a bigger opening between the bars

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here you can dramatically see the difference in the 20" tall frame. The head tube and forks.

Nice bike, how about some more pics.
And the question inquiring minds want to know, what's the extra seat binder bolt? If that's what it is.
Hey Albert and OBI
I found this frame and fork in pretty rough shape. I found a set of original paint fenders from a ladies DX with the holes for the lacing. I figured I would give the bike a paper boy theme. The lacing on the back fender would keep the paperbags out of the spokes. I sandblasted the frame, fork and rims then gave it a pantina paint job to match the fenders. The extra seat binder bolt is to hold the rack to the frame. It needed a rack for the paperbags.

20161106_201509.jpg

20161106_201435.jpg

20161106_201624.jpg

20161106_201649.jpg

20161106_201523.jpg

While at the Cyclone Coasters ride this weekend I overheard two Coasters talking about Schwinn Double Curved Bar Roadsters. So I volunteered to their conversation that I had one. Not sure they entirely believed me as I also mentioned that it was a Tall frame. Anyway decided to post images even though this is a work in progress. Really waiting for some nice fenders to add to the look. BTW I love the style of these bikes.

IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8098.jpg

IMG_8099.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

IMG_8102.jpg

Charles (obiquepen) I was one of the guys at the table talking about the roadsters. It was not that I didnt believe you that had the stunned look on my face, I was just so surprised that we could be talking about such a rare bike, in a tall frame version no less, and find that the guy at the next table has one. I would have been even more stunned if I could have seen how nice the bike really is.Only at a Coaster ride!. GREAT bike! See you at the next ride. Ron

Back