When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Postwar Rollfast I Think

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

velo-vecchio

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just picked this up with several other balloon-tire bikes. This is the most complete (and rideable).

File_000(1).jpeg

File_000(2).jpeg

File_001(1).jpeg

File_001(2).jpeg

Any thoughts on year or estimate? I'm told with forward-facing rear dropouts, it's post-war. Any other clues? I found a serial no. below seat tube E025850. This should clean up nicely.

I saw another post with a 64 SN and he says that's backwards for 1946. Based on that, I think I have a 1948. It looks like 04 SN, but I think part of the "8" is covered in paint or worn away, similar to the "4" not completely showing.

1949-E.
The accent darts are of the more deluxe style, and the Harris chain ring sprocket looks like an easy pedaling 24-tooth.
If possible, the short goose/swan neck stem might be lowered, if the fork steering tube is not bulged too much.

Last edited:
Archie did you see the fine Budweiser engineering on the stem? Tell me more
About the Harris chainring. I guess you figured that out based on its pattern (?).
1949-E.
The accent darts are of the more deluxe style, and the Harris chain ring sprocket looks like an easy pedaling 24-tooth.
If possible, the short goose/swan neck stem might be lowered, if the fork steering tube is not bulged too much

I have a later 1949-E girls Rollfast; (E068..., acquired before I learned the reduced value of girls bikes). It has a 52-tooth flying-R’s Rollfast chain ring sprocket with a Bendix (20-T?) coaster brake hub. DP Harris hardware used the “H” chain ring sprockets on their more deluxe (expensive) models. The usual 26-tooth version has 5+1 H’s. The smaller 24-tooth versions can be found in both 4+1 H’s (like yours), or 5+1 H’s.
Not sure when Rollfast stopped using the 1” pitch, skip tooth drive trains.
Never seen an H-sprocket with 1/2” pitch.

Last edited:
Those light stampings, I'm sure the guy who stamped it never dreamed folks would be scratching their heads over it 70+ years later!!! Also, 'SN' is believed to indicate the NY Snyder factory. 'EH' was the "Excelsior" factory in Indiana.

Back