When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

powdercoat gone bad

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Aircraft stripper out doors
If you are going to put a colour on it just scuff sand it and us it as primer paint will stick .

Some of the colors I want are only being found in lacquer sprays. The enamel clear is a lot more durable or harder than any of the lacquer clears. The lacquer will flash dry a lot faster & the enamel clear is easier to wet sand/buff wax. The downside is enamel gets chemically hotter during curing so it can soften a lacquer if it hasn't gassed & being sprayed in light coats for the 1st 1 or 2 coats. Am I wrong? Just what I've read through various paint forums.
You are not correct...
If you're going to use a spray can, lacquer paint and clear will be good.. Lacquers are easier to sand and buff...
Spraying any type of enamel clear, whether straight enamel, urethane, or polyurethane clears on lacquer may stick to it, but won't chemically bond to it, so it will peel eventually.
The only urethane clear I ever found to bond to lacquer was PPG 2020, but they don't make that anymore. There is PPG 2021, but I haven't used that.......yet. I know all of this from experience...

Back