When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-1920's Colson Fairy with motor-please help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fattymcgee

On Training Wheels
I am trying to identify a bike I am doing research on. I was told it's a 1918 Colson, but it has an attached motor, that I believe was not factory, but made by CycleMotor, aka Evans Power Cycle. But I don't know what year the motor is either. There is a case number on the motor, but I have not found a number stamped into the frame of the bike.

Thanks for all your help.

I can also get more detailed pictures of any part of the bike if need be.

Fairy 1.JPG

Fairy 2.JPG

View attachment 404566 the bicycle with the motor looks to be 1900-1910 you can tell by the rounded fork crown top. looks like a early indian gas tank with one of the pointed ends wacked off.tank looks legit tho never seen one like that before.here's a headbadge that looks similar to the colson sold by macy's in new york.so maybe the bike is legit that was sold at macy's? so maybe a colson bicycle with a evans engine that was offered by colson? thats one thing that you don't see on the cabe is early colson bicycles.

View attachment 404566

1907-RH-Macy-Triumph-Fairy-Tricycle-12.jpg

tank.jpg

Last edited:
That bike is totally made up from several sources,but who cares,it is gorgeous.It is very well done.Evans motor,modified Indian tank,colson bike,late model shieve.Still is is very cool looking.Be proud to own it.

Welcome to the CABE!
Evans motor, 1913 to 1919? earlier examples had the shorter carb body later the longer slide version... can't see carb side...

Back