When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre 1937 Colson serial number project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I got what I believe to be a '36 girls recently, sweet heart chain ring, smooth fork shoulder, rounded fenders with flat braces, triple step wheels, but no decernible month year code like the later bikes.

Wrong seat and stem, but most everything else seems appropriate.

Tim
20181021_150909.jpg

20181023_191108.jpg

20181023_191133.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JLF
Looks like the "36's may have been a sequential number, followed by a month letter code from what I see in this post.

Tim

1935 ladies Colson. E4 hub date. Selling some parts from it if anyone is interested. There is a Colson chart somewhere here or online that I found to confirm what the original owner's daughter told me.

View attachment 889728

View attachment 889729

View attachment 889730
Thanks for the info. Can we get a pic of the entire bike? Or at least the frame? Thanks

I've never seen a chart, nor have any other the Colson guys I've spoken to. if you have a pic or link, please post here.

Thanks for the info. Can we get a pic of the entire bike? Or at least the frame? Thanks

I've never seen a chart, nor have any other the Colson guys I've spoken to. if you have a pic or link, please post here.
I have the link saved on one of my computers. I will find it as soon as I can. Here is a picture of the frame. It was originally green when it was new. The daughter painted it when her mom gave it to her 30 years ago.

20181025_232028.jpg

Nice bike!! The computer I saved the serial number information on is on my Vista machine and the video card is not wanting to work right this morning. But, I looked up the ladies bike I posted the pictures of, and this source told me that before 1937 their serial numbers were very easy to figure out. The 5 stood for 1935, and the L in mine stood for Ladies model, and then 2222 was the sequential serial number. So, I would agree that yours, as well, is a 1935. The next letter C in yours would be the model, but they made several men's models, so who knows? I'll keep trying to get this Vista machine to boot because I am pretty sure the link was saved there because it's not on my Win 7 computer. I'll check my phone too.

Back