When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre '33 AS&CO Serial Number Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Got a little time to work on the '27 Lincoln today. Did a mock up with some of the parts I've acquired. Correct 28" fork, stem, Troxel and a killer hard to find 60 tooth sprocket which is what this particular bike had originally. Sitting on some 28" wheels for the first time in many years... Still looking for bars and some other misc. parts but it's starting to feel like a bike again!

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_4509.jpg

Another thread with some A&S-built Mead bicycles and a A&S-built Shapleigh Hardware bicycle.
Similar peculiar font that has been associated with A&S-built Mead products.

Another thread with some A&S-built Mead bicycles and a A&S-built Shapleigh Hardware bicycle.
Similar peculiar font that has been associated with A&S-built Mead products.
I'm not convinced any of those are Schwinn Built... @SKPC what say you regarding the Shapleigh??

Here's another one....

My questions is this: If Schwinn was building these for Mead, etc why don't they have the tell tale trumpet welds. The Shapleigh bikes welds are much cleaner and better looking than the trumpet welds... why wouldn't Schwinn have transitioned to those earlier? Doesn't make sense to be building the frames both ways.

No insight on whether Schwinn was building for Shapleigh Hardware/Rugby badge. That frame with Rugby badge was a frame sold by a Caber and had the fork missing unfortunately. For the most part, when I see a potentially pieced together bikes it's tough to know as so many are so well done. Of course, more examples that are less "complete" or "as found" need to emerge to gain more confidence. What is the oldest AS crank year stamp known? Maybe start there? But yea, the 20's were rocking it with so many players, bankruptcies and "mergers" as we know playing into the depression era.

Back