When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-33 Westfield Serial Numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Since Mr. Columbia's site is gone, I'm not sure where else to look. I wish I had known so I could've taken screenshots of all his info. Can anyone help with this serial? Pretty sure it's from a Westfield built frame. This is the only pic I can post at the moment. Thanks.

IMG_20230116_151001.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mike @fordmike65

Sorry, I can't help. Either pre 1910, or not Westfield.

From 1910 the numbers had a prefix letter starting at A, which allows year identification. The letter blocks generally changed annually up N (not using I), before returning to A.

Best Regards,

Adrian

The bridge looks peculiar as do the chain stays, perhaps oval-shaped cross-section; (hard to see, might be circular?).

In the 1920's, Excelsior used similar bridges and stays; but not some of those other details, (chain tensioners, fork crown, stamp font/size, joints).
So, likely much earlier, when we have fewer examples of what manufacturers' "typical examples" might look like(?).

Back