When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre Chopper Canadian colonies Carmine red 68 69?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

031deathtec

Raleigh pre Chopper Canadian colonies carmine red 68 69?

My childhood bike has got to be the most mysterious muscle bike. because the oldest Raleigh Chopper they have has the integrated Mk I Sturmey Archer (S/A) round 1,2,3 knob. But my Raleigh badged Canadian Carmine Raleigh predates it with no Chopper decal, the 69 S/A Sportshift T handle 3 speed, & white ribbed cable's. I have read that Raleigh sold "Colonies Chopper's" too Australia, South Africa & Canada, one year before the U.S. or even England. People don't believe that they even existed. I asked my Dad What ever happened to that bike? "It got stolen". Oh ya... (I would have been 8 or 9) I drove it down Shefford Rd. Ottawa & walked it 40 ft. into the tall grass by a long gone drive in theater. Some skid from the near by Mac's Milk must have seen me.http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/031deathtec/DSC00371.jpg
ATWSturmeyArcherRaleighChopper-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well I've noticed that you can go on ebay from those countries and prob find what your looking for. In australia they are called drag bikes. hope this helps

Back