When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre production 1966 Fastback oddities.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You are right about the fender, another interesting difference. A true "bobbed" fender.
I do have one of the sprockets for a one piece crank in 52 tooth. It is in my shed loft, I will try to find it.
The shifter though if I am not mistaken is a Shimano 333 unit that wasn't available at that time. Correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, you are right about the Shifter it is a Shimano 333, but when you look close to the photo you posted it almost appears that the 333 is above the housing.

The Stik-Shift pictured on the Radiant Coppertone Fastback is a pre-production prototype, hence no overload tube, double cable clamp and different shifter cover treatment. Frank Brilando designed the first bicycle Stik-Shift for Schwinn. Shimano didn't have a stick shift available at this time. Their version was "indexed" when it did come out about a year later, not friction operated like Schwinn's.

I wonder how many of the covers came out with the reversed color scheme. I mentioned earlier I saw one on a project bike on eBay recently and I thought there was only one up till then.
Has anyone else seen any of them?

Back