When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre TOC bridge framed wood bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ccmerz

Wore out three sets of tires already!
DSC00116.jpg
DSC00103.jpg
DSC00104.jpg
DSC00105.jpg
DSC00112.jpg
DSC00113.jpg

Just when you think that you have seen everything, along comes this bike that was for sale ($4K) at the CVBS this past weekend. Fauber crank, adjustable bars. Headbadge reads SANE LAVENDER, French make?

That bicycle is incredible!
It would be interesting to replicate a custom version of the bicycle in different exotic woods and make the fasteners, and all metal pieces out of polished titanium. The wood frame could be made with laminated carbon fiber and wood in contrasting colors. You could even build curves into the frame.

Last edited:
Too bad we don't have a detailed photo of the BB!
It appears to be a one-piece casting or welded BB to the wooden frame fasteners.

The bike did not sell. When I arrived where he was, the bike was already loaded back into his vehicle, so he had to take it back out so I could take pics so it was a quick photo session.
The bottom bracket was metal with strap flanges for attaching the wood frame parts.

That bicycle is incredible!
It would be interesting to replicate a custom version of the bicycle in different exotic woods and make the fasteners, and all metal pieces out of polished titanium. The wood frame could be made with laminated carbon fiber and wood in contrasting colors. You could even build curves into the frame.

Thats my dream bike!

Kind of like this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bamboozledbren/
7764857136_c8d02aaf1e_z.jpg
7764910302_caed71a557_z.jpg
7787392692_31bcd18796_z.jpg

KILLER bike!
Without a reference or even good knowledge of this genre of bicycles, I would have laid out 4K if I had the opportunity...just a unique machine in great shape.
That bike would do very well at Copake.
Chris

Back