When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre war-39? Post war-49?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Fred Green

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello,

I just got back from a roadtrip to Joplin, Mo and while on it picked up these 2 bikes. The first one I believed to be a '39' Schwinn due to the back stand lug manufactured on the frame. The serial number is G25188 which from what I have seen is not a '39' serial number. The second one Comes out to be a '49' due to a serial number search. Did I get it right?? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Fred

IMG_9345.JPG

IMG_9346.JPG

IMG_9347.JPG

IMG_9348.JPG

Hello All,

By the serial number the first bike rolls in the '41' range but I thought Schwinn only made this specific frame in '39'; the back stand stop is built into the frame and is not a separate piece.

Fred

Hello All,

By the serial number the first bike rolls in the '41' range but I thought Schwinn only made this specific frame in '39'; the back stand stop is built into the frame and is not a separate piece.

Fred

The 6" headtube with the 2 small cross bars between the downtubes is a '41/'42 feature, and the serial number indicates that '41 ballpark as well. You are right though, those rear dropouts are typically seen on the '39 model DX. This bike also has the 39/40 style fenders and chainguard - looks like another example of some type of "extra inventory special model" to me.

Back