When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre War Claud Butler Track Bike, Finally Done

-

antque

Finally riding a big boys bike
After 2 months of work the track bike is finally done, the bike was painted 2 coats of yellow and I removed the paint and saved the original paint and decals the best I could, all metal was cleaned and the original wooden rims were put on. I'm happy the way it came out, thanks for looking

Resized_20211111_102117.jpeg

P1010004.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

-----

WOW!

Wonderful job; thanks so much for sharing it with the forum. 😃

Tip: cranks appear to be two degrees or so out of registration.

Wedgebolts may not be identical. A few strokes of a file on the wedgebolt with the lighter cut should sort it. 😉

-----

thanks for the tip, I just put the bike together and didn't notice the crank, also the handlebar tape was put on temporally for the photos, thanks for looking

I tested 5 different paint removers until one did the job, for the top layer and acetone and Q Tips for the bottom layer, there were 2 coats of yellow paint

----

dost the wood rims yet carry a transfer indicating their producer?

-----

I'd say a great example of care and patience removing the paint! You've brought it back to 'the day' nicely! Very impressive!

Back