When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre War Claud Butler Track Bike, Finally Done

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

antque

Finally riding a big boys bike
After 2 months of work the track bike is finally done, the bike was painted 2 coats of yellow and I removed the paint and saved the original paint and decals the best I could, all metal was cleaned and the original wooden rims were put on. I'm happy the way it came out, thanks for looking

Resized_20211111_102117.jpeg

P1010004.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

-----

WOW!

Wonderful job; thanks so much for sharing it with the forum. 😃

Tip: cranks appear to be two degrees or so out of registration.

Wedgebolts may not be identical. A few strokes of a file on the wedgebolt with the lighter cut should sort it. 😉

-----

thanks for the tip, I just put the bike together and didn't notice the crank, also the handlebar tape was put on temporally for the photos, thanks for looking

I tested 5 different paint removers until one did the job, for the top layer and acetone and Q Tips for the bottom layer, there were 2 coats of yellow paint

----

dost the wood rims yet carry a transfer indicating their producer?

-----

I'd say a great example of care and patience removing the paint! You've brought it back to 'the day' nicely! Very impressive!

Back