When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre war CWC Roadmaster skip tooth, what year and model?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rethaf44

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hey all! Looking for some help more specifically identifying this old bike I just picked up. On my own I can determine it is pre 1941(or there about), made by Cleveland Welding Company, and is a road master badged bike. The purple paint has clearly been sloppily brushed on over only the original green(?). I can’t find any clear serial number in the usual places. Thank you for your help!

4941F26F-5F8B-49D6-A733-5D48238CB870.jpeg

95EECCF2-1337-4343-9236-D24462C2C8C6.jpeg

B83DA92D-6573-4AD4-A23A-4DA902007D09.jpeg

EF160E07-2F1C-4AC8-ACD0-59C31FA7E0D6.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow there was a thick layer of several layers of paint to get through to even see there was anything there! Lol. Again, looking for a consensus or verifiable reference to date this bike, but here’s what I found at this site- https://vintageamericanbicycles.com/index.php/cleveland-welding-co-roadmaster/ based on the serial number(which is repeated 1941, 1946 & 1949), the rear fender brace, seat and seat post clamp, and the fact that the middle frame tube seems to be brazed to the head and seat tubes, my best guess is that this bike was built between January and October of 1941. the rear drop outs not having ears is the only “post war” indicator, but with all of the other pre war indicators I am lead to presume this may have been a late pre war production that had some crossover in manufacturing changes. Which IMO makes it even more cool!

186DAE2C-9C93-4F9B-AFD1-3DBDA9BDD2C0.jpeg

Cleveland Welding serial numbers repeat. This is a post war frame . 1947
Do you have any references? Because according to the site I pasted above; “The ’40-1 “All American” prewar model did not have drop stand ‘ears’ but other frame indicators will identify this frame as prewar”

That's my website and this is not an All American frame this is a postwar bike as stated. Shown in the first pic is a AA frame with no tank and you can see the tank/shifter brackets. Also notice this is a straight bar (bar under top bar) frame as well as the straight down tube (at least just until it gets to the bottom bracket). The second pic are @mrg bikes. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg
Do you have any references? Because according to the site I pasted above; “The ’40-1 “All American” prewar model did not have drop stand ‘ears’ but other frame indicators will identify this frame as prewar”
CWC used the rear facing dropouts through 1954.

Back