When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-War English Bicycle Literature

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have the histories of many in the B.C.C. before Raleigh. I have Bartleet's Bicycle Book. Most of the interest is in the hand Made bicycles such as Claud Butler etc.

I bought a copy of the Hadland book from V-CC. It's being shipped from England. If it's like his Raleigh book, it'll be great. I love ideas like the Lake Pepin 3-speed group ride out in the midwest. I wish we had one here local. I ride down in the Bantam Lake region a lot, maybe someday...

I bought a copy of the Hadland book from V-CC. It's being shipped from England. If it's like his Raleigh book, it'll be great. I love ideas like the Lake Pepin 3-speed group ride out in the midwest. I wish we had one here local. I ride down in the Bantam Lake region a lot, maybe someday...
Perhaps you should start a new chapter of the V-CC @SirMike1983; not sure where you're situated, but I think at the moment there are only 2 groups in the USA.
One in New England and one in the Rockies.

I'm in southern New England. I'll have to see what they have. It's probably a Boston-based chapter. Bicycles are big over there, much less so in the rural western part of the region. But we have plenty of nice places to cycle.

I'm in southern New England. I'll have to see what they have. It's probably a Boston-based chapter. Bicycles are big over there, much less so in the rural western part of the region. But we have plenty of nice places to cycle.
The guy that runs it resides in Arlington, Massachusetts.
Pretty close to Boston I'm guessing.

I received my copy of the hub book from England. It's excellent - lots of good research and photos. The book came as a hard cover with cloth bookmark built-in.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you re. the Tony Hadland "The Hub of the Universe" book.
Copies are only available through the V-CC (UK).
If anyone wants one you will need to contact the club's book sales officer, James Cooper.
His email is:

[email protected]

Shipping is around £20gbp to the U.S. via an insured, tracked and signed for delivery service.
The deluxe edition is almost sold out and the few copies of that version remaining are reserved for club members at the moment.
I know this might be a long shot but do you know if there are any copies of this book available? Would the contact person be the same? Thank you

I know this might be a long shot but do you know if there are any copies of this book available? Would the contact person be the same? Thank you
I'm fairly sure copies are still available from the V-CC in England. The book is well worth the extra pursuit (and extra postage) to get one sent across the Atlantic.

Hi @3-speeder .
The book is still listed as being available in the most recent V-CC Club Sales leaflet.

The person you need to contact is Roger Postbeschild (the V-CC's current book sales officer, and fellow Oxford section member).
He can give you a quote for the book including shipping to the USA for both members and non-members of the club (I believe there is a small extra charge for non-members).
He can give you a full rundown of payment options etc.

Roger's email is:

[email protected]

Hope that helps.
Darren.

Hi @3-speeder .
The book is still listed as being available in the most recent V-CC Club Sales leaflet.

The person you need to contact is Roger Postbeschild (the V-CC's current book sales officer, and fellow Oxford section member).
He can give you a quote for the book including shipping to the USA for both members and non-members of the club (I believe there is a small extra charge for non-members).
He can give you a full rundown of payment options etc.

Roger's email is:

[email protected]

Hope that helps.
Darren.
Thank you so much. I'll be contacting him shortly. I appreciate your help

Back