When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-War English Bicycle Literature

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
that's a shame - I've bought a few books from Amazon.uk - often the seller will post to US even if it's not listed in Amazon here.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you re. the Tony Hadland "The Hub of the Universe" book.
Copies are only available through the V-CC (UK).
If anyone wants one you will need to contact the club's book sales officer, James Cooper.
His email is:

[email protected]

Shipping is around £20gbp to the U.S. via an insured, tracked and signed for delivery service.
The deluxe edition is almost sold out and the few copies of that version remaining are reserved for club members at the moment.

Last edited:
Oh, if you do contact James, ask him for a list of their many other publications too.
There are quite a few!

I ordered a copy of this book from V-CC (I am also a V-CC member) and it is great - for me it is a "must have" among my cycling books. I also have Tony Hadland's "The Sturmey Archer Story" book - but the new book is much more comprehensive with many more photos and illustrations. It also has plenty of color photos (I think I counted over 150), and I think it is better organized. The printing and binding is certainly more professional than the old book too.

From what I can tell, it's still not available in the US - you have to order from V-CC and have it shipped from Britain.

From what I can tell, it's still not available in the US - you have to order from V-CC and have it shipped from Britain.
You're correct, just contact James at the email address I mentioned in a previous post.
He'll quote for postage and ship it anywhere worldwide.

I ordered a copy of this book from V-CC (I am also a V-CC member) and it is great - for me it is a "must have" among my cycling books. I also have Tony Hadland's "The Sturmey Archer Story" book - but the new book is much more comprehensive with many more photos and illustrations. It also has plenty of color photos (I think I counted over 150), and I think it is better organized. The printing and binding is certainly more professional than the old book too.
As a fellow member, I think you may agree that the club produces some great books.
Those who are into 'classic lightweights' are especially well served.

As a fellow member, I think you may agree that the club produces some great books.
Those who are into 'classic lightweights' are especially well served.
Yes, agreed. Also, I enjoy the periodicals (especially "The Boneshaker"...an excellent publication).

Back