When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-War(?) Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rethaf44

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am happy to have brought this old girl home yesterday. It’s been repainted so will take some gentle removal to see the serial number. I am wondering(hoping) that the frame is the same pink as the rims. Anyone have good results with any one particular product or process for evenly getting down to stock paint color On an entire bicycle? I do not have the facilities to dip the frame.

3AE31F5B-89BC-464D-B8D6-AA4713383862.jpeg

2A13B265-69C0-4786-8362-784E75F9714F.jpeg

By the head badge pic, I'd say the second shade of blue is the original color. There are threads here about using Easy-Off oven cleaner to remove repaints. The rims are likely ivory/white under the pink.

Year is probably 1938 or 1939. The pink on the rims was added later, as you can see there is some on the spoke nipples as well. They may have been chrome originally, or a matching/contrasting color to the frame.

Back