When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre War Ladies Schwinn World I had to buy

-
Here on Long Island, buying is Hit or Miss. I get lucky when sometimes, like with this 1941 Schwinn.
It had been on Craigslist for over a month at $250, and then slowly the price started coming down a little. I went to his house (back in January of 2019) to see it, and finalized the price at $125. Its been in my basement since, untouched.

I found out from fellow cabers that it has quite a few "one year only" parts on it. As of now, it's the oldest Schwinn I have.

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

Last edited:
The actual rear fork end drop outs started on the 1940 models and the one piece cranks were used from day one on the 1939 New Worlds. 😉
I have been looking at the catalogs trying to figure al this out. seems as though they push the 3 piece crank bikes much more in the catalogs

Had a 41 World boys bike and it had a Miller kick stand. Yours looks like a Miller, too. Square top plate and massive bolt are signs of a Miller but should have name on top plate. Maybe reversed?

after owning it for 15 hours I have decided the basket is too cool, along with those thin pinstripes so I will leave it like it is except get it riding and stopping as it should. just clean things up a bit, someone already did some cleaning. looks like they carried big rocks in the basket for the past 80 years.... I put a 1950 front fender on it I had that sort of matches. one tire went flat overnight.

under where the head badge was is a really cool blue. I bet this paint could buff back to that color, but there is no way to do it without destroying the pinstripes.

Back