When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre War Ladies Schwinn World I had to buy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here on Long Island, buying is Hit or Miss. I get lucky when sometimes, like with this 1941 Schwinn.
It had been on Craigslist for over a month at $250, and then slowly the price started coming down a little. I went to his house (back in January of 2019) to see it, and finalized the price at $125. Its been in my basement since, untouched.

I found out from fellow cabers that it has quite a few "one year only" parts on it. As of now, it's the oldest Schwinn I have.

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

Last edited:
The actual rear fork end drop outs started on the 1940 models and the one piece cranks were used from day one on the 1939 New Worlds. 😉
I have been looking at the catalogs trying to figure al this out. seems as though they push the 3 piece crank bikes much more in the catalogs

Had a 41 World boys bike and it had a Miller kick stand. Yours looks like a Miller, too. Square top plate and massive bolt are signs of a Miller but should have name on top plate. Maybe reversed?

after owning it for 15 hours I have decided the basket is too cool, along with those thin pinstripes so I will leave it like it is except get it riding and stopping as it should. just clean things up a bit, someone already did some cleaning. looks like they carried big rocks in the basket for the past 80 years.... I put a 1950 front fender on it I had that sort of matches. one tire went flat overnight.

under where the head badge was is a really cool blue. I bet this paint could buff back to that color, but there is no way to do it without destroying the pinstripes.

Back