When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-war Red Devil resto

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dick Howard

On Training Wheels
I am restoring a pre-war Red Devil and would appreciate input from anyone with Red Devil knowledge, pics and/or parts. Thanks.

This it??

192853525_2ef66c6c68-1.jpg

Good Lord! Racycle ain't got nothin' on that chainring!:eek:

It would seem to me it's not likely there's more than one.. but who knows.. and yet which is the real deal here?

The one that has huge chain?

IMG_1211-1.jpg

or the one that doesn't?

192853525_2ef66c6c68.jpg

Me thinks one of these two is an impostor

Disclaimer: I never even heard of a Schwinn red devil until today.

vbulletin

Hum looks like somebody's made modifications. Here's the shot with the red devil, Alfred Letourneur and mini racer and the sticker on seat post tube is not the Schwinn top hat style that's on the others:

vbulletin

Last edited:
yea, lets see some pics of what your talking about, the schwinn pics above or a drysdale red devil are the only two that come to mind

Looks like there is more than 1 red devil here's a photo that says was a test attempt and it has a top hat sticker. round Schwinn logo as well, and the drop-out is smaller too. And Is that big scratches on the lower bar?, it looks like some type of script writing.

LeTournerspeedrecord1941jpg-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like there is more than 1 red devil here's a photo that says was a test attempt and it has a top hat sticker. round Schwinn logo as well, and the drop-out is smaller too. And Is that big scratches on the lower bar?, it looks like some type of script writing.

LeTournerspeedrecord1941jpg-1.jpg

Note: Note feet (shoes) of guy holding the bike up behind the flaring.... solid chainwheel must have been heavy....

Back