When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-war Red Devil resto

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It would seem to me it's not likely there's more than one.. but who knows.. and yet which is the real deal here?

The one that has huge chain?

IMG_1211-1.jpg

or the one that doesn't?

vbulletin

Me thinks one of these two is an impostor

Disclaimer: I never even heard of a Schwinn red devil until today.

vbulletin

Hum looks like somebody's made modifications. Here's the shot with the red devil, Alfred Letourneur and mini racer and the sticker on seat post tube is not the Schwinn top hat style that's on the others:

vbulletin

Some show bike with smaller front wheel others, not.

hi dick. i think you had a few of us lusting, well me anyway about the schwinn red devil. id like to own that bike or at least a close variation of it. i have a soft spot for drysdales, alvin drysdale master new york builder. heres a few pics of my red devil. you can get the idea of the darts, paint scheme. it should have a decal on the head tube. if you need some better pics or i can help you in any way with your build let me know

Attachments

• red devil 001.jpg
    red devil 001.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 357
  • red devil 002.jpg
    red devil 002.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 371
  • red devil 003.jpg
    red devil 003.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 359
  • red devil 004.jpg
    red devil 004.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 374
hi dick. i think you had a few of us lusting, well me anyway about the schwinn red devil. id like to own that bike or at least a close variation of it. i have a soft spot for drysdales, alvin drysdale master new york builder. heres a few pics of my red devil. you can get the idea of the darts, paint scheme. it should have a decal on the head tube. if you need some better pics or i can help you in any way with your build let me know

Ah HA! well, so Schwinn made a paramount production model 'Red Devil' track bike?.. I like that a heck of a lot more, er that is, killer paint!.. What year made?

the schwinn red devil wasnt a production bike. schwinn used a paramount with that giant sprocket for a speed record. there were supposed to be several of them built. i believe it was a promotion type thing for schwinn. the bike i have pictured is a drysdale,,the builder, the model was called the red devil which is the bike i think dick is talking about

Here is my Red D as it was when I got it in '72.
Red Devil in Byrd Park.jpg

I'm having trouble getting pics to load. i hope these come through. I send pics of it as painted in another post.

Attachments

• P1020242.jpg
    P1020242.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 394
Ok. The Candy one is as I repainted it in '74. It was stripped of this paint last Fri. The decal pic is the only Red Devil down tube decal I have ever seen. Anyone know another?
Down tube RD 1972.jpg
Down tube RD 1972.jpg

KCCOMET. That downtube decal on yours is only the second one I have ever seen. And the decal on mine was destroyed in about '72. You can see in my '72 pics that the bike was in terrible condition when I got it. About as close to being junked as it could get without being junked. Interestingly , mine had no indication of a head tube decal. I have heard that Drysdale could be casual/cheap about decals and if he did not have the ones he needed when the bike was due to be shipped, he shipped anyway. Sorry about the duplicate pics guys, I'll try to learn how to use this forum. Jeff 54. Are you the Jeff in Bainbridge?

KCCOMET. Jeff 54. Are you the Jeff in Bainbridge?

Naw that's another great guy wit rare name. He'd probably rather be raccoon hunting Vs surfing too.

I'm still liking that paint job on the black and red, devil even though it's not a Schwinn.

I know where the sprocket and frame is to this example ,the big solid sprocket from alf letourners -high speed record bicycle

Someone has one the actual chain wheels from a Letourner land speed bike? I know the chainring on the BMA bike was fabricated for the museum by a local machinist. I've seen an original frame but never a chainwheel.

Back