When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre War Schwinn Motorcycle, Original, Just Saved From The Junk Yard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That's amazing ! I makes us all wonder how many Pre-War old bikes like this are in basements/garages waiting to be discovered. My Autocycle was in the basement of my uncles for 40 years plus until he passed away and we recovered it before the house was vandalized in Detroit.

Nice save!
I’ve got a Shelby Airflo that was slated for the trash.
Sometimes, it’s just easier to throw it away, than to find somebody who wants it.
I used to have people complain about our city not recycling it’s waste, because we didn’t have the homeowners separate their trash.
I would tell them, “believe me, it all gets recycled” if there’s any money to be had in all of that garbage, it gets pulled out and recycled at the sorting center.
There’s no way a bike like that was going to be pulverized.
Those guys make it their business to know what is truly trash and what is not.
That Leroy Hartung auction a few years ago was a classic example of that.
He never delivered anything that was any good to the crusher.
Congrats on the nice find.
It always adds a little extra meaning, when you know, that one was pulled out of the trash.
This one is my pulled from the trash find.
ED3AA160-3D67-4D18-9846-AE4E9328BF62.jpeg
It seems to be loving its second lease on life.

I know this is going to sound stupid and anthropomorphic, but imagine if you were that bicycle.
Most likely it was a Christmas or birthday present, or possibly the original owner worked saving up the money to buy it. They weren't inexpensive and it would have been a major purchase.
It was cared for, maintenanced and enjoyed. Then at some point for whatever reason tucked away some place and all but forgotten.
Then that pivotal day occurs when someone deems it as useless old garbage.
So one day through someone's eyes it's a thing of beauty.
Time passes and it becomes the equivalent of yesterday's trash.
Lucky for the bike it gets a new owner who sees and appreciates that original beauty.

Sent from my Bell candlestick

Back