When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-War sleds anyone?!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oldbikes

I live for the CABE
Does anyone else collect sleds, or am I an anomoly? I love streamlined pressed steel toys and ride on stuff. Here is my most recent sled find, pretty scarce from what I can tell, and the few I've seen do not have the lettering intact.
Fleet Arrow - Streamlined Sled.jpg
Fleet Arrow Front.jpg

That one really has a streamlined look to it. A couple of the collector books I have shows catalog pics of sleds. The name on this one sounds familiar. I'll have to look it up later today.

Dave

Oldbikes,

I don't think you are an anomaly. Here is a sled I picked up at an auction for $15 in 2010. I had seen some like it in antique shops for upwards of a $100. Although I am not a sled collector for $15 I jumped on it. The sled looks really neat setting under our Christmas tree with a stuffed bear on it. I believe it may be German or Swedish made.

Attachments

• 100_1941.jpg
    100_1941.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_1939.jpg
    100_1939.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_1940.jpg
    100_1940.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 100
That one really has a streamlined look to it. A couple of the collector books I have shows catalog pics of sleds. The name on this one sounds familiar. I'll have to look it up later today.

Dave

Thanks, Yeah, I really dig the streamlined stuff! Please post it if you find something in the lit.

Oldbikes,

I don't think you are an anomaly. Here is a sled I picked up at an auction for $15 in 2010. I had seen some like it in antique shops for upwards of a $100. Although I am not a sled collector for $15 I jumped on it. The sled looks really neat setting under our Christmas tree with a stuffed bear on it. I believe it may be German or Swedish made.

Sled collector or not, I too would have picked it up for 15 bux! Nice. Yeah, they make for great decorator pieces too :)

Couldn't find a single sled looking streamlined like this one. :( The sled name that sounded familiar is called a Flying Arrow from a 1932 catalog page. Possibly the same maker as yours, but yours being into the streamline era of the later 1930s.

Dave

Neat sled. I've seen some for sale in my area but I can't seems to find room for one more collectible. They are great looking tho.

Back