When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-War sleds anyone?!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I picked this one up, i think its a Lighting Guider built in PA not sure of the year. Sulley

003-1.jpg

0043-1.jpg

I also have a few Sno-lers.
00621-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sulley. How do the Snowler works? I've never seen those before. My guess is there's a way to retract the wheels. Would that be possible to get picture if they do?

BTW nice restauration of the wood sled.

Well i would like to try them out but we have had no snow here in NY. LOL The red one has 4 wheels as you can see, theres just a small latch you move and the wheels fold up out of the way. Sulley

0041-1.jpg

The other one operates the same way.
379987_2374722940253_1615960208_2263298_-1.jpg

Last edited:
I also have this little diddy, i got it from a older guy in Lake Placid NY home of the 1934 and 1980 Winter Olymquits, he told me as a kid in 1934 he used it to go down the bob sled run with it, the blades on the bottom of it are Barney & Berry skate blades from the early 1900s, i dont know if any of the story is true but its kinda cool any ways. Sulley PS it didnt look like this when i got it.

001-2.gif

003-3.gif

I picked this one up, i think its a Lighting Guider built in PA not sure of the year. Sulley

003-1.jpg

0043-1.jpg

I also have a few Sno-lers.
00621-1.jpg

The Sno-lers are in excellent shape! I love the Orange! The sit-on-"skate"-board is a crazy concept! Thanks for sharing!

I had a great early runner sled that saw lots of use when I was young, left it at Mom and Dads house when I moved out, as they were getting ready to sell the house, I asked them to make sure that my sled came to Florida with them. The sled didn't make the trip, I've never seen another like it, it had split runners, the steering was spring loaded! That sled was so maneuverable, it was like a Ferrari! Years later, visiting an elderly aunt, I find my sled with a collection of "memorabilia" from my uncles childhood...I corrected her, told her the story of my sled, I was just glad to see that it hadn't been destroyed!

The red Sno-ler is all origainal, the other one i blasted all the metal parts and repainted them, the red one is from the 40s from what i am told and the other one is late 60s. Sulley

Here's another one, as long as toboggans count as sleds - Not sure of the age (50's maybe?) Signed by Paris mfg. Co, Paris, Maine.

IMG_1171.jpg
IMG_1172.jpg

Back