When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-war Wards Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cadillacbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
I saw a guy today that wants to sell this bike. Could anyone give me any information on it, what year and who made it? Serial no. KO9457. Any info would be very helpful. Thanks
last bike 019.jpg
last bike 028.jpg
last bike 016.jpg

Well, that was built by CWC (Cleveland Welding Co) for Montgomery Wards' bicycle division (Hawthorne). I think it is pre-war. It looks to be in really great condition. Prices on these seems to be fickle. I've seen some styles or the deluxe models go as high as 500-1000 dollars. Low end models about $100 or less. All depends. RMS37 can help more with the exact date, he knows those numbers better than anyone here!

Oh, I noticed you had peaked fenders and curved truss rods-a very nice feature to have! I have seen some very nice examples torn apart just for those. The skirt gaurds are also a plus and what looks like a tail light on the rack? Seems like it has everything except a factory horn.

Cadillacbike, keep on purchasing bikes and you can have your own show this summer. I think you may have caught a disease.

lol. yes i had it for a while now cant get rid of it .the guy seems to think its in the late 30s. every thing is there even the horn.the only thing that is missing is the drop stand. its a nice bike i rode it today.its a pretty smooth ride.

This bike is a CWC built Hawthorne. Based on my serial number model “K” bikes were all produced in 1941. This bike has the lowest “K” serial number I have yet recorded. Those that I have recorded with high serial numbers and original paint appear to be in what could be considered 1942 livery, probably introduced in the fall of 1941.

phil, thanks for the help.you are a good guy for helping everyone. richtrix them girls need love too.

Back