When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Preserving crust

-

rickyd

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Bought this at the swap with nothing more in mind than a wall art project. Seeking advice as to what others have used to create a surface that retains some character yet does not look like bleeding rust. Some pics would be nice. Thanks in advance Rick
IMG_2003.JPG

THERE ARE PAINT PRODUCTS THAT LET YOU PAINT OVER RUST
AND IT SOLIDIFIES THE RUST. I THINK IT MAY BE A RUSTOLEUM PRODUCT.

Shoot/spray it with a light coat of BLO thinned down with mineral spirits.

WD40 it. Then send it to me. I'll build it and ride it instead of making a useless wallhanger.

WD40 it. Then send it to me. I'll build it and ride it instead of making a useless wallhanger.
send 200 dollars to my paypal account [email protected], your address and it will be on its way. I might note it is rusted through in about 6 places and being held together with what appears to be jbweld and yes I will spray it with wd40.

send 200 dollars to my paypal account [email protected], your address and it will be on its way. I might note it is rusted through in about 6 places and being held together with what appears to be jbweld and yes I will spray it with wd40.
If it wasn't rusted thru, I'd be interested. But... I'll pass.

Back