When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Presstube Minor rack for a Raleigh Roadster.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

FICHT 150

Finally riding a big boys bike
These are the racks that were dealer installed on customer bikes at Raleigh shops. The rack is sized for Sports version bikes, and if you get down to about a 17” frame, they don’t fit. They also don’t fit a 24” Roadster, might work on the 22” version, but, I don’t know that for sure. Almost all of the Roadsters I have seen over the years have a Pletsher rack on them.
I bought this one for parts a few years back, but, never used any of them off of it. Some genius cut the down tubes off of it, but, that worked into my plan. The down tubes for a Sports aren’t long enough for the big Roadster, not if you want the rack to sit about level, anyway, and look spindly.
My plan was to use larger diameter copper tube, bolted to the rack. After I get the angles and attachment correct, I’ll drill the flattened top side of the copper tube so it locates on the rod that passes through for the sandwich squishier spring. I’ll use P clips to mount them at the bottom, as the conversion of the AW hub to S5 configuration doesn’t leave enough exposed thread to bolt the down tubes to the axle.
An hour of beating with wood blocks cured the inevitable down sway from some dumbass thinking he could ride on it. 10 minutes of glass beading cleaned up the chrome pretty well, and some dolly work mostly straightened that part out.
Last photo shows the copper, larger diameter tubing bolted to the rack, ready to mock up to the bike, prior to cutting them to length. At that point, I’ll blast everything again, and give it a coat of black paint.
Ted

6333567E-E796-4F14-9865-D79FFDB0312B.jpeg

EB5B451E-FDAE-4D6F-89BE-5C4E70D83464.jpeg

B8534B22-79AB-4372-AE00-EE7B2AB334F6.jpeg

Last edited:
I put one of these racks on the back of and old Bomber. Painted frame color.
Uh huh... :) had to shorten the rear leg attachment hole spacing and consequently shorten the legs, but it looks like it belongs there now.

Last edited:
Back