When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pretty cool story.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ZE52414

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
IMG_3365.JPG
IMG_3384.JPG
So I just recently picked up a C model Schwinn. My buddy bought it 25 years ago from a local guy, and before I hauled it away he had to take one last picture. :) Two days later a buddy from the cabe text me and said I seen your bike on CL are you selling it already? I said No way not yet lol so I had to jump on the local CL and check it out and there it was. My buddy runs a wanted add for all sorts of different things he's into and bikes is one of them:)

So me giving him a hard time I called him and asked why he didn't call and ask permission to post my bike all over CL we laughed a bit and I let him go. Well when I hung the phone up it brought me right back to CL and directly underneath there is the mate to the bike i just bought, so I immediately get in panic mode and I started sweating and I called him NO ANSWER. So I left him a detailed message explaining to him i have the mate to this bike and could come pick it up right now! 5 min go buy and I'm waiting for my phone to ring and there it was it was the guy. He told me that he just got off the phone with someone and the bike is sold. I was extremely bummed and he told me, funny story the guy that just bought it, bought the mate from me 25 years ago. I said NOOO. Well at least I was thinking it lol. So we gEt off the phone and then all the sudden the light bulb went off in my head. My buddy just bought this bike for extremely cheap! So what do I do. Yup I give my buddy a call back and I said did you really just do what I think you did, and he started laughing. He said you weren't supposed to know I was going to suprise you! Lol.( Well I don't think he wanted me to see what he paid for it). He laughed some more and I really didn't think it was to funny cause I knew the price was going to be 5 times what he paid for it. But in the end after 25years of being apart they are going to be reunited! I went and checked her out tonight and she's everything that I thought. I go back Friday to pick her up.

Sorry for rambling on. I have a serious case of ADD lol. Just thought it was a Cool story and figured I'd share. Here is a pic of both. I'll add more on Friday :)

Let me no when your ready to part with the pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hahaha mike it may be a while. But ya never know what will happen! There may be a airflow or something really crazy pop up :)

Here we go! Untouched. Haven't cleaned her up yet! Back together!

Couple questions what are the holes on the handlebars for? Beings there is no holes in the fenders for a light or a horn? Year. Guessing 36? Haven't taken the crank off yet to check the date. Thanks guys:)

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

IMG_3415.JPG

IMG_3416.JPG

IMG_3417.JPG

IMG_3418.JPG

Back