When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Preventing Balloon Tires From Drying Further

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Remember that if you are riding cotton chord tires, products like Ultra Guard will not restore the cotton structure of the tire. It can be deceptive because the rubber rejuvinates to a degree, and the tire looks safe, but if the cotton is rotted, the tire can still fail under you.

Here's the difference in two red whitewall chain treads after using John Deere Ultra Guard. The red was faded to an almost gray color. After using some JD Ultra Guard the color came back as well as some suppleness.
image.jpeg

Here's the difference in two red whitewall chain treads after using John Deere Ultra Guard. The red was faded to an almost gray color. After using some JD Ultra Guard the color came back as well as some suppleness.View attachment 326241

How did you apply the Ultra Guard cds2323 ?? Spray on and wipe off with a rag ?? Wet a rag and wipe on the tire ?? Did you use really liberal amounts of the product ?? Thanks, Pete in Fitchburg

How did you apply the Ultra Guard cds2323 ?? Spray on and wipe off with a rag ?? Wet a rag and wipe on the tire ?? Did you use really liberal amounts of the product ?? Thanks, Pete in Fitchburg

Normally I use a rag to wipe it on and off. I used the normal amount, maybe a little more. But I used a toothbrush to apply it. The rag wasn't getting into the nooks and crannies. That way I worked it into the fine cracks in the rubber. I also used the liquid bottle version of the Ultra Guard, not the spray version. I haven't put it on the whitewall yet. I'll do them seperately to avoid turning the whitewall pink.

A few more weeks and more progress. The tire closest to camera has had a second treatment of Ultra Guard. It's brighter red and the fine cracks have closed a little. I also put a tube in it and am slowly bringing it back to shape. Both tires were hard and have flat spots from sitting for years. But the shape is returning and they are a lot softer and pliable.

The tire in the rear just got its second treatment today and I'll try to get a tube in tomorrow.
image.jpeg

Back