When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PREWAR 1940-41 SCHWINN STREAMLINER

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The name Streamliner was specific to BFG badged bikes starting in the first few years before WWII. Lots of model name and number changes came about in 49-50 and I believe the Streamliner name was dropped or absent. Then for one year only, 1953, Schwinn named their B6 model the Streamliner and it was no longer a BFG specific name. The name Streamliner was then used on a new D model starting in 1954 that was basically equipped as the older Hornet using a cantilever frame. The name was again dropped after 1958 and then showed up again for one more year in 1961.

I purchased this 1941 Streamliner from Dan when he was selling his collection before he sold his house and moved across the country.

This is a killer bike! That is a one year only half embossed. Canti tank and I believe the guard is also 41 only. You may want to scour the garage / shop just to see if maybe the original "Goodrich" grips are still around. Will be the ones that are on GTs58 bike above.

Hey fellow Cabers: One of my best friends passed away this past December due to covid. His wife (my wife's cousin) asked me to help sell two of his bikes, a 40-41 Schwinn and a post war girls B6. If possible and if affordable I would like to make her a fair offer for the prewar bike or depending on value I may have to list it here on the CABE. Either way I want to help her since he was the breadwinner and there's no more income, she could use the funds. My buddy had this bike for about 15 yrs or so. The bike didn't have a rear rack when he acquired it and always wanted to find an original rack but never did. However he bought a black aftermarket rack yrs ago but never put it on so I recently installed it though it's wrong for the bike. I'm asking for comments on it, it's parts and perhaps a realistic value. Thanks in advance for your input.

View attachment 1446227

View attachment 1446228

View attachment 1446229

View attachment 1446230

View attachment 1446231

View attachment 1446232

View attachment 1446233

View attachment 1446234

View attachment 1446235

View attachment 1446236

View attachment 1446237
41 BFG