When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar 36? 39? Elgin. Thoughts? Look correct, value? I know the experts are out there!!! Thank you in advance!!!

-

Dogtown

Finally riding a big boys bike
This bike just came around and would like opinions, does it look correct, value etc..
Thank you all in advance and have a great week!!!

Yes, 36-8ish Westfield made frame....Not all original components also a few added ones(sell the tank it may buy the bike) but a pretty cool custom.

Last edited:
Yes, 36-8ish Westfield made frame....Not all original components also a few added ones(sell the tank it may buy the bike) but a pretty cool custom.
New to the Elgin world. In your opinion what is not original to the bike and what do you think the value is?

I think the only things original may be the frame, wheels and seat post. Everything else is suspect. Tank does not fit this frame and looks out of place, sell it. The rest of the bike is pretty nice. Put some fat tires on it, pull the 28-er fenders, find a fork made for the frame(or not) and ride it. $ Value is in the parts...Tank/Seat/Bars/Rack/Wheels/Light setup. Someone here could count it up but mucho dinero..

Last edited:
I say leave as it is, tank looks good on it as well as rest of parts, air it up and go!!!

Back