When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Aero King $350

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
the seller was under pressure to sell the plate but could not bring himself to cutting the band
So he sold the Whole bike,
For Space!
1667472899862.png

Interesting serial number. Surely someone has seen this emoji stamp at the end of the "M747"⚗️ " on one of their bikes. Snyder in 1914 began with "A" serial numbers for example H=1921, M=1926. Certainly Snyder-looking stay bridges (pencil thin) and non-pinched seat stays is also a Snyder characteristic. Round chain stays at BB also Snyder. Fork crown looks to be early 28-er Snyder style as well. The radiused/smooth head tube joinery throws a wrench in it.
Snyder purchased Great Western and MC Excelsior in mid/late 20's when this frame/fork appear to be made. Cool bike!
1667487199600.png

Last edited:
Ponder that awhile longer please.
Consider how long it has been there,
who bound there?
Who rode it during WWII?
Thank you for your concern @tripple3, it was well received. I have decided to keep the plate on the bike and work around it, the plate has been there long enough to stay and tell part of the story. I have a nice '42 San Jose plate in my collection so I can keep the '43 on the bike.....the straps are one time use so once they are cut its a done deal......the bike is cleaning up nicely, I will post up some photos asap....

I’m curious about the shaped object. Is it a turnip, a top spinning, upside down club as in cards with horns? Lol

It's now a rider....getting rid of the Schwalbe script is my next project....the black letters are not a surface treatment and will require a coverup of some sort....I am currently working that out.....the bike rides nice and fast on these Kevin wheels...
1668490090282.png

1668493128974.png

1668490121592.png

1668490160570.png

1668490199891.png

Last edited:
Back