When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PreWar Balloon Tire Electric Conversion Kit?

-
Backdrop is Post Alley, just downstairs from main level of Pike Place Market, Seattle, WA.

IMG-3398.jpg

IMG-3423.jpg

A few people I know that built ebikes had to really change brakes. Some of these kits get you over 20 mph and you need the right brakes to stop em. Check with J D Douglas,he has built one or two

Anybody have recommendations on how to convert prewar bikes with electric peddle assist capability?

View attachment 1208245

View attachment 1208246

View attachment 1208255

No I don't. I do remember there was a good group of Canadians at the Iron Ranch every summer that had some cool rides, both electric and gas powered. I think they were from Vancouver.
Shawn M.

I thought I had Danu Huber's business card, and fortunately I do.
Danu makes some wonderful conversions, while remaining faithful to the old bikes. You don't know it's electric until it whizzes right by you.
Maybe he can give you some guidance.
He's in North Vancouver BC
His website is: www.theworldcycles
His email is: [email protected]

Thank you so
Thanks Barry. I used a local (Seattle) company to purchase the "sprinter" electric wheel kit here: https://hilltopperbikes.com/product-category/electric-bike-kits/
As you can guess, I have the battery staged in the tool bag.

The fork is a 26" triple tree design. You can get them off of e-bay or other related bike sites. This one has a 1" threadless steer tube. Other options would be 1 1/8" and threaded.

Cheers, Ty :cool:

Thank you so much, Ty! I want to move in this direction , as far as a build, and really appreciate your guidance and the links that you provided:) I’m an older guy and your project really blends everything together in a tasteful way.

I thought I had Danu Huber's business card, and fortunately I do.
Danu makes some wonderful conversions, while remaining faithful to the old bikes. You don't know it's electric until it whizzes right by you.
Maybe he can give you some guidance.
He's in North Vancouver BC
His website is: www.theworldcycles
His email is: [email protected]
Thanks for the info Dave. Just FYI........I accidentally re-posted the original question that started this thread. I think I've figured out all the technical stuff while maintaining the "spirit" and genius of the pre-war bike design. See my other posts in this thread;)

Back