When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Bikes '34 Elgin '37 Snyder for sale going to Charlotte Swap Meet FEB 1st

-

Classic Cool Rides

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
I have these 2 bikes ready to go to the Hurricane Coasters Swap Meet this SAT Feb 1st in Charlotte. These prices are Swap Meet prices cut to the bone.
I prefer not to ship bikes (sorry) BUT if they are still with me after Charlotte I will take to the LBS to professionally pack & ship which they charge $150 to your doorstep.
The ELGIN is a 1934 based on the ser # and had an older restoration which I have spruced-up a bit. The paint is nice but amateur job done (better than rattle-can) but not Award-winning. I have just rebuilt the wheelset inside out having the "Triple drop" rims powder-coated in Red. Using Stainless steel spokes and Morrow rear hub and New Departure front hub. Cream tires are new 26 X 2.35 wide. The 5-point STAR chainring and dogleg cranks were powdercoated "Chrome" .... the previous owner had the Elgin headbadge Chromed as well as the truss rods. It has "Rutherford" grips on Wald steerhorn new bars. The Long Spring saddle was recovered at one time and is decent but not perfect .... the Charlotte Swap Meet price on this '34 ELGIN bike is $375.00
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The Snyder bike is badged as a "SNYDER" (which I haven't seen another one in my many online searches and CABE forum requests to see another one....
The RED on this bike is Original Paint (hanging in there OK) which I have Clear Coated over to protect it. The antique white was rattle canned close to how it was originally .... the fork needed to be replaced as it was bent. This fork is straight (and similar "Triple plate" crown) but I would say it's "temporary" until a better match comes along. The wheelset is ALL rebuilt using Lobdell drop center rims powdercoated in antique white. Stainless steel spokes laced onto a rebuilt Morrow rear hub and New Departure front hub. The "H" Chainring and the cranks were both Powdercoated in "Chrome" The tires are new 26 X 2.50
.... the Charlotte Swap Meet price on this '37 SNYDER is $325.00 ..... Enjoy the pics and hope to see you in Charlotte! Cheers! CCR Dave

SWAP BIKES 34 ELGIN 37 SNYDER 2.2 1.25.20.jpg

SWAP BIKES 34 ELGIN 37 SNYDER 2.1 1.25.20.jpg

SWAP BIKES 34 ELGIN 37 SNYDER 2.3 1.25.20.jpg

Thank you for the "likes" ... the Elgin did sell at the Hurricane Coaster's Show/Swap Meet but the Snyder IS still available. Im working on locating a good date correct fork.
The green one shown is a cut-down girls fork that has an internal "sleeve" that I wasn't aware of until I cut it down to size. That internal "sleeve" won't allow the stem to be inserted far enough into the steerer tube...
This SNYDER will be on display at the Pedal-to-the-Metal Swap meet in Commerce (Atlanta) GA on March 7th and then later (if available) at the Get-A-Grip show/swap in cleveland TN on March 28th. Thank you, CCR Dave

Back