When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Prewar brake cable

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Devin Corbit

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello everybody ! I’m looking for a cable , preferably cloth covered , to go along with the set up I have pictured. Roughly 35” in length . The handle side seems to be the more common barrel type of end ?
83CB2557-893A-45B0-91BF-9631D658B0F8.jpeg

ED0D6331-7091-43BE-B821-FF92C06BE858.jpeg

If need be I can change the clevis on the wheel side to be a bolt style that accepts the bare wire, although I would prefer to keep this style is I can. What’s out there ? Repop , nice old original , do I need to have one made ? Any input will be much appreciated , cheers!

Devin

I have the barrel ferrule.
Cloth cable house original surely available in all states of condition. PM with phone number for fastest service to determine needs and cost wanted to spend.

If you end up having to build your own inner cable for your combo:

The Webb lever end used a long barrel, but you can modify an MTB cable to work perfectly though it won’t quite look correct. For the Clevis end, you can source those style cable ends from Flanders Co, they just don’t have a barrel that’s a good match. If you find/make a good barrel style end to solder on there then a road bike cable has an end that works well in the clevis as well.

PM me if you have other Qs. I’ve built a few cables for the different combos - the hardest part is the housing but I have some ideas for you there too.

Killer bike and brake combo, let’s get it working.

Back