When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar cloth wire

-

PlasticNerd

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
does anyone have , or have a source for cloth wiring for my 36-41 Schwinn bikes? Need it for twin seiss and silverrays, also for horns and crossbar speedo lights. Thanks in advance.Gary.

I believe one gauge thicker but I got mine at http://www.riwire.com/ BTW this is what I used to wire my '38 AC SD. V/r Shawn

wire1-jpg.jpg

just got a glimse!! Gotta admit I love the internet even more now! I did not know there are cloth wire "NERDS" out there....im am in awe! :)

errrr so this begs the question....what wire was used on the prewar bikes? 12 ga? 14 ga? different size? color? Gotta ask because you know how schwinn was...always trying to walk to the beat of a different drum....

You can buy the cloth wire from most Model A and early Ford auto resto vendors. Here's a N.O.S. Seiss battery tube with the original factory wire for reference. And some cloth wire from an antique auto restoration supplier.

cloth wire.jpg

seiss tube.jpg

Last edited:
Back