When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prewar CWC springer fork springs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sm2501

CABE owner
System Administrator
I'm working on a 1940 CWC built Western Flyer Supreme that has a broken fork spring. A friend had a spring that he sent, but it it arrived it had only one threaded insert in it, and my fork needs 2, 1 for the upper truss, and one for the lower truss. I spoke with another friend to see if he had a spring, and he had the same spring with only 1 threaded insert.

My question is what fork utilizes the spring with 1 threaded side?

In the same breath, I'm still looking for a spring that has threaded inserts on both ends.

2017-08-29 07.30.33.jpg

2017-08-30 06.15.00.jpg

2017-08-30 06.15.12.jpg

2017-08-30 06.15.17.jpg

2017-08-30 06.15.33.jpg

Sorry I can't answer your question or help but that is a sweet Four Gill! Is that tank original paint? Decal? V/r Shawn

I have taken a few of these apart but it has been a while. If I'm not mistaken there is a removable threaded insert on the bottom and the threaded insert inside the spring on the top side. I have never seen one with the insert inside the spring on both ends.
The removable insert sets inside the spring and has a flat head like a washer that sits on the spring.
I will go out to the shop and see if I can find one and take a few pictures.
JKent

I have taken a few of these apart but it has been a while. If I'm not mistaken there is a removable threaded insert on the bottom and the threaded insert inside the spring on the top side. I have never seen one with the insert inside the spring on both ends.
The removable insert sets inside the spring and has a flat head like a washer that sits on the spring.
JKent

Thanks for the pictures. That answers the question on the spring with the single sided spring insert. However, my bike has a spring with permanent non removable inserts on both sides. It must have been a year model feature. Would be interesting to learn what that is.

Scott

JKent

Here are pictures that JKent sent me. Great reference.

2017-08-31 06.55.50.jpg

2017-08-31 06.55.53.jpg

2017-08-31 06.55.56.jpg

2017-08-31 06.55.59.jpg

2017-08-31 06.56.02.jpg

2017-08-31 06.56.05.jpg

2017-08-31 06.56.08.jpg

2017-08-31 06.56.11.jpg

2017-08-31 06.56.17.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the correct tail light lens for the 40WFS?
Thank you for your time.

Back