When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar dx swap meet find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cooper S.

I live for the CABE
Just picked up this prewar dx badged "the world" it's rougher than a stucco bathtub. I traded two yard art bikes I got for dirt cheap for it. It looks too far gone to restore and I've got some good klunker parts (atom rear drum, 1/2 inch trusses, bear traps) so maybe I'll repaint it and build a nice klunker

IMG_3108.JPG
IMG_3109.JPG
IMG_3110.JPG
IMG_3111.JPG
Forgot photos lol, also it's got a Decatur bike license

I picked up a DX ('52) last year, covered in sloppily applied black paint. Used some Goof Off and found this red, non-original underneath. The red was solid so I left it alone. It now has new wheels and tires and a good seat. Rides great.

100_3915.JPG
100_3902.JPG

Mike

Nice, think your'e on the right track w/ this one. Looks pretty solid, will make one 'ell of a klunker. Good luck with it.

[ I've got some good klunker parts (atom rear drum, 1/2 inch trusses, bear traps) so maybe I'll repaint it and build a nice klunker also it's got a Decatur bike license

From the overall appearance, looks like somebody already did it for you. Appears to have a donor Rollfast; fenders, seat, stem, rims maybe, and? used to Klunk or Rat it out, the old fashioned way.

img_7936-jpg.jpg

The front hub is stamped "Ross" so I don't think the wheels are original. The chain and cranks are junk so I'm going to build a geared klunker
From the overall appearance, looks like somebody already did it for you. Appears to have a donor Rollfast; fenders, seat, stem, rims maybe, and? used to Klunk or Rat it out, the old fashioned way.

View attachment 660556

IMG_3145.JPG
Just finished stripping down the parts from the frame, the crown nut and gooseneck were both frozen. I might powder coat the blue base coat. The headbadge is bent out of shape so hopefully I can reshape it

Looks like a fun project!

Mine was so bad, I gave up and painted over all the shiny bits, rattle canned the frame, and bought a cheap set of alloy rims w/ SS spokes, and laced them onto the old hubs.

D97XE.png

Reactions: REC
IMG_3199.JPG
IMG_3203.JPG
Here's an update, spread the rear stays to fit the atom and dropped on a new headset but I'm going to need a new crown nut. I've got a couple goosenecks to pick from, a rusted out razor and a Wald (shown in pick) I'm trying to get a ta crankset and araya rims.

Back