When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Fastback South of Denver

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonoob

I live for the CABE
This probably won't last long. First one i have seen on the local Craigslist in the 6 months I've been looking. 100 bucks https://denver.craigslist.org/bop/d/littleton-old-hawthorne/6917040134.html

00C0C_68SVSbny3B9_600x450.jpg

I have to laugh at some of these listings. The seller says "Heavy patina but a solid rider". I say yes to the heavy patina but a solid rider it is not. I'll give him the 100 just to see him ride it. lol
That definitely has some cool frame geometry.

Been seeing these Snyder build frames quite a bit lately. Saw one at a swap last year for $40 bucks (frame/fork and a bunch if mis-matched parts). They come under a bunch of badge names but mostly Hawthorne and Rollfast. I think they run from 36 to 38 or 39 (someone please correct me if Im wrong). There's a few bikes with these frames in the for sale threads.

I have to laugh at some of these listings. The seller says "Heavy patina but a solid rider". I say yes to the heavy patina but a solid rider it is not. I'll give him the 100 just to see him ride it. lol
That definitely has some cool frame geometry.

They should have said "Heavy patina but could be built into a solid rider." Would have to Fred Flintstone it as it sits, not to mention it would be very painful to sit on, and difficult to steer.

Been seeing these Snyder build frames quite a bit lately. Saw one at a swap last year for $40 bucks (frame/fork and a bunch if mis-matched parts). They come under a bunch of badge names but mostly Hawthorne and Rollfast. I think they run from 36 to 38 or 39 (someone please correct me if Im wrong). There's a few bikes with these frames in the for sale threads.

1936-1942 with slight differences but same basic frame.
this one looks to be a 1938:
dropstand stops on fork ends
straight truss rods and Hawthorne badge

And just like that it's gone. If anyone here picked it up hollar at me and we can go for a ride on '' matching '' bikes. I had no idea these were made till 1942. I thought it was just 36 to 38.

Back