When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar franken bike bike help.....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
This popped up and I’m suppose to slow bike purchases but oh well here it is... it’s got original yellow paint and I believe schwinn but this bugs me..military using schwinns never heard of it.. it could have a schwinn fork applied on it later....franker bike...I’m .not sure..... theres a brass plaque on it with u.s.n.y.p.s on it. Looks like it was made for it......a strange bracket on the goose neck.... any opinions on what it might be...I’m thinking military but not sure... it’s weird. .....Any help is appreciated... thanks
3C8859F8-03F1-4795-A9A5-C94CCCD5274B.jpeg

F0962FD0-CBD0-4371-BA51-E3EFCDAE58D6.jpeg

9D2BACC4-15B6-469C-9C13-392E82BD5FCE.jpeg

28004278-4A22-426F-A75B-905D7AB96281.jpeg

AE5BC3B7-87CA-41FB-9DC8-05BCFA1050F3.jpeg

Great find leave that paint! It reminds me of a mustard yellow painted Schwinn Spitfire I had a while back that was a plant bike at Electric Boat in Groton Connecticut

grumble mumble
I was trying to buy that bike for the last week and the seller never got back to me. That's what I get for just texting him I guess. :(
Not the NYC delivery bike he thought it was...

Puget banned the bikes in the industrial area because of too many accidents riding over the railroad tracks, and crane tracks.
Cool - a work site with railroads passing through it and had/has its own locomotive too.
And its own busses and bus-stops.

Last edited:
Back