When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar=Frontloader? Postwar=Toploader?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
So....did both Delta & EA go to toploaders after WWII? Or were they still using frontloaders just after the war once production started back up? I have a '46 dated Rollfast that has many prewar characteristics, so I imagine it's a very early postwar bike. Trying to figure out whether I should install a front or top loader. Thanks for any help. Mike
20181003_203149-jpg.jpg

delta had a top loader that had a screw in the bezel and a pin in the back (instead of slip in and spring in the back) seems like 41-46 kind of a rare light

Bitchen gooseneck by the way... wonder where you could find a nos one>>?
ps
never seen post war alum fends-thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

PPS
are those front fender braces curved or funaked?!

delta had a top loader that had a screw in the bezel and a pin in the back (instead of slip in and spring in the back) seems like 41-46 kind of a rare light

Bitchen gooseneck by the way... wonder where you could find a nos one>>?
ps
never seen post war alum fends-thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

PPS
are those front fender braces curved or funaked?!
funaked

It's a real cool looking bike ..Saw it in person at the Iron Ranch ...Like a lot of other bike manufactures , They were all using leftovers from before the war and trying to figure out how to utilize what they had and still make it look like something new for 46...

Back