When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Hawthorne Montgomery Ward 26 inch Mens Bicycle (pre '34?)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok, I have a question that I have never had a decent answer to.
why would you guys buy parts off of a decent original bike when for a few hundred dollars you could have the whole thing? why destroy this one only to further a multicolor mutt?
the price seems fair, just buy it and be done with it, part the crap you're working on now instead.
Hi Scott, is that a original chainguard. I thought it was more of a aftermarket guard but you would know better than me. That was the only reason I asked. I always appreciate your modest opinions, lol.

Ill get a pic of the head badge tonight. I was wondering why there was so much room between the fenders and tires...but they look to be original tires...or at least super old ones. Think it is a 28" instead of a 26"?

Headbadge pic.....

Attachments

• HEADBADGE.jpg
    HEADBADGE.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 193
Should be a 26" with that fork. Not the correct head badge. That one id from a bike from the 50's.

A bicycle this old has survived the Great Depression and WWII. People back then knew the value of what they had and replaced or fixed parts to keep their bikes rolling. Nothing wrong with that imho.

ok, I have a question that I have never had a decent answer to.
why would you guys buy parts off of a decent original bike when for a few hundred dollars you could have the whole thing? why destroy this one only to further a multicolor mutt?
the price seems fair, just buy it and be done with it, part the crap you're working on now instead.

Thank you ! It is silly to buy a perfectly good one to rip it apart to fix some pieced together one.lol Buy the good one and sell the pieced one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back