When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Hiawatha or Shelby?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dave429

I live for the CABE
Have an opportunity to purchase this bike. Only have 1 picture. From other frames I’ve seen I’m wondering if it’s a prewar Shelby or Hiawatha bike. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

556C3885-AB48-4844-BF0C-FE256C0EC42D.jpeg

Looks like a Shelby-built bicycle. I cannot tell from the photo if it wore or wears a Gambles Hiawatha head badge.
Not sure if the yoke-frame was exclusive to pre-war, or not. The wider spacing between the top tube(s) and truss tube at the seat tube mast might indicate a pre-war frame. A serial number might help determine the date range.

@volksboy57 Thanks for the verification. I was only finding parallel top bars at first when I searched. I knew the wishbone frame had to be the same manufacturer though. I appreciate the input!

@Archie Sturmer , the bike is a couple hours away from me. I will see if I can get pictures of the head-badge and serial #s sent to me. Do you think it’s most likely prewar though? Thanks

Back