Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
These ads go away when you register for an account!
Well, I finally found my front fender with the curved brace. Looks Colson to me, but if it fits it stays! And the fender is decent enough to use as well. But now I’ll need to find a rear fender to match
Decided to use the peaked fenders instead of the Colson, so build is back on track. Not much new to report though. Work got busy and I’ve had no free time to paint the frame and fenders yet. Hoping to have some free time to get back on it soon
Got the second color on the chainguard. Real happy with the way it turned out.
More work to be done on the fenders though. Bought some nice curved chrome fender braces, and curved rear rack legs for the bike this past weekend. Now I need to fit them properly and re-prime the fenders and get so paint on them. All in all, I’m very happy with how it’s coming out. Not restored, but it will be a nice rider for me. It will replace my regular rider when it’s done
Not Hiawatha related, but I found a replacement fork for my ‘36 Shelby. Tweaked all to heck, but the steering stem was in great shape. And the threaded section was perfect. So I’ll show some before and after straightening shots. Then it’s ready for paint to better match the Shelby.
Still waiting on paint for the frame and fenders. But I did make some time to fix my damaged Shelby fork.
My 1936 Shelby came to me with a damaged steering stem on the fork. Really like the paint on it and didn’t want to replace it, but I temporarily did. With the fork in the pictures above. That gave me time to fix the one that matches my Shelby...
After looking at the parts I’ve already painted, I decided to do a better job repairing the frame. It had a lot of small dents in it. So, primer was stripped back off and more metal work was to be done. In the first pic you might be able to see some of the dents. I had filled them with putty, but I decided this was coming out nicer than I had intended it, so I went back and did some metal finishing instead. Second set of pics is after the metal finishing. And the last pic is frame with the first coat of heavy fill primer applied. Then it’s back to watching paint dry and repeating until it’s smooth and ready for its color.