When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar kickstand wear

-

ADReese

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I'm new to this style of kickstand that I purchased for my elgin. Is the grooved area excessive wear? It looks like it would need no groove in order to lock correctly.
Thanks!

Thank you for the information. I love when sellers forget to tell you it's totally shot lol. I wonder if it could be welded up and reshaped?

In the seller's defense, most tend to be grooved to some degree. Does it not stay in place enough to hold the bike?

That's fair, this stuff is all getting really old. It's pretty loose. It will slowly fall when riding and isn't very confidence inspiring when on the ground. I think I'm going to try and fill it with weld and square it back up.

Thank you for the suggestions. I did tighten up the spring a few turns to increase the friction. It did make an improvement, but I'd love for it to have a more positive engagement.

Back