When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Mead/BFG Canti -- Legit?

-

ballooney

I live for the CABE
This is an interesting bike. It's Mead Ranger brown with a mead rack but with BFG attributes (badge). I know the decals on the guard and tank are newer than the bike. I haven't seen painted rims like this on a Schwinn before but seem age appropriate in patina. What do you think, is this a legitimate Mead Schwinn?

bfg1.jpg
bfg2.jpg
bfg3.jpg
bfg4.jpg
bfg5.jpg
bfg6.jpg
bfg7.jpg
bfg8.jpg
bfg9.jpg
bfg10.jpg
bfg11.jpg
bfg12.jpg

badge looks 1940s 50s, never seen brown hoops, rack is most likely from early models....but it is schwinn so the bike might actually be legit

Yeah I like it too! Attractive combination of stuff.
Yes, I agree. I really think this bike looks great and found it intriguing. Based on all of the 'not in the catalog' original bikes we've seen on this site, I figured this one was worthy of the discussion. All the pieces sure fit nicely together...could it be legit? Seems possible.

Its my understanding early Goodrich frames usually dont have the diamond painted on the sides of seat tube. ??

Back