When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar? Persons Majestic Lightweight Saddle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rennfaron

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I picked this up just to learn more about it. It has the riveted on raised lettering on the back like other persons-majestic saddles during 1915-1940? I have one of the track saddles (stamped with date of 1941) and the lettering on the back (just like this) is very similar if not the same (edit: they are the exact same - see image below). I assume this saddle would go on lightweights (tourist style) of the era. I have never seen these on Schwinns. Anyone know about them? I can't find a catalog image of it and can't find any info online. It looks very similar to a Schwinn badged Persons-Majestic saddle on a mid 50s Schwinn I have (looks just like this but with a Schwinn badge), but that raised lettering was only on really old prewar P-M saddles...from what I know...

Maybe someone added that lettering? Although I think they produced this exact type of saddle for a long time... (edit: looked the saddle over and there is no way to add the lettering without opening the saddle up. So this was made like this.)

s-l1600 (4).jpg
IMG_0686.jpeg
IMG_0685.jpeg
IMG_0687.jpeg
IMG_0688.jpeg
IMG_0689.jpeg
IMG_0690 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back