When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar? Postwar? Mystery Bike Identification Please!

-

Reallybigtim

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was fortunate enough to find this little treasure this weekend at a local garage sale (for $5). I have tried to narrow it down but my short time in this hobby has made it difficult for me to ID positively. The serial number is 4G5028 but the headbadge is missing. The grips and the seat appear to be incorrect (but period correct) and the original flip-down rear stand is missing. The tires are old Wards Riverside Mate Air Cushion 26x2.125. Everything else looks original except for the low quality repaint. Here are some detailed pictures. What do I have here? Thanks in advance!
DSCN0622.JPG
DSCN0623.JPG
DSCN0624.JPG
DSCN0625.JPG
DSCN0626.JPG

Just checked the hub. New Departure Model C. That model was last made in 1933. From what I have researched, the "4" at the beginning of the serial number indicates 1934, and the "G" might indicate the month of production (July, '34). But the '33 hub probably makes it a very early '34 production date.

Last edited:
Back